Feb. 11, 2021
- University President Robbyn Wacker gave a speech about “It’s Time” Initiative, as well as gave an update on the COVID-19 situation regarding the university.
- St. Cloud State was approved to be a vaccination site, but has not yet received any vaccines.
- Three faculty positions were retrenched.
- The membership fee for the recreational facilities on campus are being reconsidered because many students do not utilize the facilities due to the cost.
- The University will be encouraging students to stay home during spring break to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
- A request for $3,000 for the Dance Team to attend a national competition was approved; the team had raised the remaining $32,000.
- St. Cloud Technical College made a request to use the Atwood facilities for free; the request was discussed.
More information about Student Government can be found on their webpage. The hold meetings every Thursday at 5 p.m..
Anna is a junior at St. Cloud State University and is double majoring in Math Education and Spanish Education, with a minor in Special Education. She is the Managing Editor for the University Chronicle this year. When she is not at campus attending class, working as a learning assistant or math tutor, or writing for the University Chronicle, she enjoys volunteering, reading, being overly competitive at board games, and telling horribly funny puns.